Please Donate!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Love and Hate (Happy 50th Nigerian Independence Day)

Today marks the 50th year of Nigeria's independence and I'm am distraught with feelings of Love and Hate. Living in the diaspora is depressing when my people are struggling worse than I am just to survive. My heart goes out to them and I pray things change for the better sooner than later. Everything I do is for the betterment of my homeland and all her children which includes all humanity. I have nothing but love for my people but I hate their nature. That said this piece speaks for itself.

Love and Hate

There is a thin line I walk between love and hate
And I'm walking it everyday trying to keep it taped
Because if it tears then no one will be spared
I'll go off on everyone like I never cared
I've been used and abused but made no excuse
I give freely so often that they've forgotten the dues
At least pay me some respect I am the child of neglect
The caretaker with the whole world on my shoulder and neck
I demand my respect if nothing else
If you can't give me that then do it yourself
Don't look to me for help I don't owe nobody nothing
But every time I turn around my people want something
Take, take, take, just take my life
The whole world is wrong and I can't make it right!


On the bright side here is one of my favorite artworks that will be featured at an upcoming exhibit this winter in Florida. I call it "King T".

I am proud to say the Art Exhibit will be held by a well respected and world renowned Nigerian Professional Artist named Sir Mbonu Christopher Emerem who has invited me to show three of my pieces. Though our Motherland has a long way to go her people are making strides....


No comments:

Post a Comment