Please Donate!

Friday, May 28, 2010

USMC

Once a Marine always a Marine. I have had the honor of serving my country up till this new age and beyond. The Warrior spirit that dwells in me will always show and grow from everything I learned in the military. This goes out to all my fellow servicemen who know what it means to sacrifice. Happy Memorial Day!



USMC

USMC stands for you signed my contract

So I’ve been called to go and make contact

With the enemy although not on the frontlines

I’ll be fighting indirectly helping from behind

Filling spots of Admin Marines that were deployed

Over seas fighting for the free our lives decoyed

Still a young boy but I’m living like a man

Burdened so much to see a better day if I can

Called by Uncle Sam on what I thought would be a stepping stone

For my future degree and prestige building my own home

I am only guaranteed a tomb and a going away ceremony

After death whom I am bound to in holy matrimony

The brave is lonely here there is nothing for me

I could have millions of dollars but still live poorly

My soul hurts sorely for its one soul mate

Which in death will be our first and last date

Such is my fate in this life that I hate

Serving God, Country, and Core with no choice my mistake

To live and wait for what is rightfully due to me

A wife pure as a baby smiling beautifully

Misery no immunity so I haven’t touched her yet

On the bright side in a few years I’ll be a Marine vet

So I have no regrets despite joy’s neglect

As I have lived I will die with honor and respect


Deeper Than Rhymes/ Art, Love, and Poetry







No comments:

Post a Comment